Monday, November 16, 2009

The Dragon


The song that is stuck in my head these days. 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Dragon by Guggenheim Grotto




my brother is gifted he says he can wake in his dreams

and you can do anything if you can wake in your dreams
grow ten feet taller and talk with giraffes
with one single step cut the universe in half
yes you can do anything if you wake up in dreams





he met his dragon; his dragon flew him into space
there was junk everywhere, everywhere was a floating disgrace
so they went to a room that was hollow and white
they waited a while till the door opened wide
my father walked in and he and my brother embraced




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listening to this, as i ride in the morning in a caged AC bus brushing against people all of them headed to work, solemn faces and no desire to know the person next to you.  So literally preferring to be 'transported' and avoiding any further emotional addition. 


And i hear this with a smile on my face.  I get lost, in my dreams. 

1 comment:

Nikita M said...

beautiful :)