Friday, December 16, 2005

Taxing Times





Tommorow is my Tax paper and hence the cliched title of my post. Had my financial management paper which suprisingly went well and can expect anything above 80% in this paper. Ahh but tommorows paper is a totally different story. Tax is full of dry facts which would make watching Bill Gates counting all his money look interesting. And i have not yet started the damn thing.. :(((
Well sometimes i wish i could still be a careless kid catching ants and trying to make them swim. Used to derive pleasure out of that activity when i was a kid though i have no idea why. Well this leads me to a comment of George Costanza on the Jerry seinfeld show:

"The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it? A death! What's that, a bonus? I think the life cycle is all backwards. You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work. You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy retirement. You drink alcohol, you party, and you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no reponsibilities, you become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last 9 months floating... then you finish of as an orgasm !!! Amen"

Whoever wrote this is brilliant. What a take on life. Anyways my happiness is getting taxed at its source so i have to file my TDS returns not to forget the additional surcharge that has been levied on my sleep due to all this. God i want a rebate

cheers




No comments: