Wednesday, October 08, 2008

25

God that seems old. When i was 16 i had a vision of myself as a 25 year old. I envisaged myself well educated and working somewhere that required me to wear a suit to work in an air conditioned flashy office. With me being supremely assured and sure of myself and my decisions. Totally mature and responsible in every sphere of my life and completely trained and tutored to face life head on.

Well i am 25 and i can just about claim to be well educated but don't feel like one. Feel as confused as a 16 year old with no clue about what my future holds and am definitely not dead certain about my decisions :) My job gives me no opportunity to wear a suit and in fact i do not even own one. I work in a crowded market area subject to the vagaries of nature.

Besides my job everything else about myself seems perfectly fine. I do not think i will ever attain completely maturity or will ever have more than a 50:50 success rate with my decisions. But what i have gained is that i am being honest to myself. This seems to be my greatest achievement by the age of 25. At the age of 16, adulthood seemed to be a warped world where the only way to survive was to be dishonest to yourself.. A quarter century experience of living behind me , brought up lovingly by my parents instilling a solid base so that i could create my own value system. A life uplifted by happiness and marred by sadness in appropriate proportion that has taught me that the best way to live is to stay in the present and experience it to the fullest. Its a tough call but i try hard everyday with a moderate success rate.

As i look ahead, i have no elaborate plans but to absorb life and its numerous twists and turns. Love the recent turns and twists it has taken bringing me forth on to a pathway that was hitherto hidden from my meandering eyes. A pathway that exposes itself on a day to day basis and that rewards one if they listen to their heart for directions. Let not this world and its complex system of chaining you to things posses you. Learn to maneuver and manipulate and work within the system. The system we live in gives us context and hence it is important. Keep the context in your mind but develop your own meanings.

Cheers to life

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it each time time I read this post :)