Friday, October 17, 2008

Buffet

I am not really a lunch person. Eating out means going out for some nice dinner at a fancy restaurant. Ever since i reached bangalore , now lunch has become this regimented affair almost. Don't feel like eating but usually am driven by hunger caused by a lack of breakfast.


So i tumble , drag and scratch my head every afternoon peering at restaurants, deciding whether they sound appetizing. With names like Adiga's, Empire, Paramount, New Shanti Sagare and the likes nothing really allures me to expend my taste buds at these restaurants.


Bangalore though is like a hub for buffet restaurants. Almost every restaurant worth its toothpick has a lunch buffet. And this is where i usually find myself. Alwayus allured y the spread, it serves its purpose. Sometimes the mere act of tasting everything is enough to fill my stomach. Good or bad, tasting and going through the whole spread is quite a mouthful. The most delightful aspect is to watch human greed come to the fore. People overcome with a burning passion to get full value for the money they pay and go beyond that and make the restaurant regret their decision. It is almost like a sense of achievement and pride to go for a refill a minimum of 5 times. A point which they can brag about in front of their friends. Something even i have been prey to when this sense of achievement overcomes me and i dump food into my system. There is something very perverse about this that i cant lay my finger on. And absolutely hahve

No comments: