Friday, November 25, 2005

One of those days

There are somedays when you simply know things are not going to go right. You wake up and then long for the day to get over soon . Well today i just had the feeling that things are going to go wrong somehow, though every task i was supposed to do appeared straightforward. So around 11 i sat down thinking of what to write in my SOP for my admission form to FMS. I was in no mood to write it though since everyone bullshits in an SOP and it serves no purpose except testing how flowery your writing style is. Simple straight forward honesty like- "Dude, i need to do a PG . Without it there is no scope in this country. Also i want you to place my ass in some comfortable chair in a multinational company. Thats why i need to get into your college" - just doesnt cut the cake. So there i was staring at a peice of paper with enough space for about 200 words in which i had to describe my career goals and how FMS fits into these plans.

After much pondering i managed to key in 123 words and kept my SOP as straightforward and to the point as possible. I thought that my work was done. All i needed now is an attestation by a Gazzetted officer. Thought i would pay a visit to my neighbourhood Police Station. Afterall they are meant for our protection and service. So i landed up there , form in hand and some money incase i needed to bribe my way through. But the inspector totally refused to sign stating that he could not ascertain whether i was the same person in the photograph and whether my name was the same. I showed him my drivers licence too. But what the heck, he must have thought i am Abu Salem's protege and can forge all possible documents. Even though i have a prominent stubble , i in no way appear dangerous or antisocial. So after amusing himself with my presence for another 10 minutes he told me he could not do anything. So off i went towards the station to find an advocate. But even after an hour of futile searching i could not find any , i seriously think they are a dying breed or rather simply brain dead. So i decided to pay the Post office a visit and the person over there said that the post master will be available after 5 pm and he will attest my form. So with renewed energy i went home and hogged.

So at sharp 5 i landed at the post office where the nice post master was there at his desk. But then quickly realised that he is not authorised to photo- attest as he is not a gazzetted officer. Then he proceeded to explain that only a magistrate, central government employees, school and college principles are gazzetted officers who can attest the bloody form. So now quickly decided to rush to KC college and see if i can get the director of my institute to attest the damn form. So after an uneventful train journey i reached college only to be told that the director could not do it since she is a honorary director. By now i was losing it and had to attend a stupid buisness policy lecture , in which she ended up discussing from pani puri to shantaram the book and also how the poverty line is not defined properly in India. Fuck i say .

So after another hour in the train i reached home from my lecture to hear my mom nagging me about always leaving thing to the end. I made a few calls here and there and finally my friend Ralph managed to find someone near his house who could do the attestation. That guy, known as Babu Mestry, a special executive officer, told me that i could come anytime. So at 10 15 in the night i decided i might as well travel another 15 to 20 kms and get this thing over with. Luckily dad was in a mood for a long drive, so went with him. and finally after soooooo much fight , i managed to get my attestation done and i swear i have not seen anything more beautiful today though the food on my dining table came a close second.

And to add icing to the cake, i have to grapple with trignometry problems late into the night for my forthcoming exams.

cheers

No comments: