Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Old Project

I found an old project we had in college. It is an analysis of self . This was almost 2 years ago i believe. Have i changed in this span? Not much really .. more or less the same person. Only that now i dont worry how i will be at the fag end of my life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


SRIHARSH MALLELA
ROLL NO-48


An analysis of self

For many this might be a highly ego boosting assignment. Shall try my best to do justice and not let many biases creep in. Well how does one analyse himself ? It’s a matter of comparisons to gauge the level of the qualities you posses. So I will compare my various attributes with things that are symbolic of those attitudes.

So when I say I am ambitious I would like to compare this attitude with a flying kite. Always trying to rise higher and reach out. That’s how ambitious I am. But then it often happens that the thread breaks and I lose direction and just float away. Herein lies my weak point, even though I am ambitious I tend to lose focus pretty often and lose sight of what I want.

I consider my mouth to be an echoing instrument. Whatever my mind thinks my mouth echoes it out. So this implies I speak my mind and I am a frank and straightforward person. Now this quality does make me appear rude at times but it is an obvious negative of this trait.

I always think that the glass is half full and not half empty. I have a positive attitude something like what the animals have. Animals never get disheartened whatever calamity might strike them. They always pick themselves up and lead their lives in the same rosy way. You may call this perseverance I call it positive attitude. Remorse and regret do not hold my fancy for long.

The mirror is one of the most truthful inventions by Man. You only see what the present reality is and however much you wish the mirror will never change this reality. So you have no option but to accept this reality. This is what I think about physical appearance, I accept the way I am and have no qualms about it. I do not bother much about physical appearance cause you cannot do much to manipulate it.

One of my biggest desires is to be fair to everyone. Hence I try to look at all the points of view and be as fair as possible. The negative aspect of this trait is that in trying to do so I get confused and am not able to decide on the course of action.

I believe that of all the things in the world the only thing constant is change. Everything changes constantly and nothing is permanent be it emotions or inanimate things. So in a sense the only thing permanent in this world is change. I understand that and make an effort of not taking things around me for granted. Though I haven’t been totally successful and do not believe anyone can be but I make an effort.

My biggest fear is at the fag end of my life I should not look back and think that I have not achieved what I could have. I want to fulfill my potential if not fully at least a majority of it.


3 comments:

NikhilS said...

what project was this???

Nikita Merchant & Sriharsh Mallela said...

Second Year i believe .. maybe Sushma Mam's project .. cant clearly recall though

Anonymous said...

I dont remember any such project v did...self analysis???? Pls do tell about this project. I am curious to know.